- LEGG, K. 1969
- Politics in Modern Greece. Stanford, Calif.: Stanford
- LEISERSON, A. 1958
- Parties and Politics. New York: Knopf.
- LIPSET, S. M. 1960
- Political Man. Garden City, N.Y.:
- LIPSET, S. M., and S. ROKKAN, eds. 1967
- Party Systems and Voter Alignments. New York: Free
- LOCKARD, D. 1968
- "State Party Systems antI Policy Outputs." In O.
Garceau, ed., Political Research and Political Theory,
pp. 190-220. Cambridge, Mass: Harvard University
- MACRIDIS, R., ed. 1967
- Political Parties: Contemporary Trends and Ideas. New
York: Harper and Row.
- MAYER, L. S. 1972
- "An Analysis of Measures of Cross-Cutting and
Fragmentation," Comparative Politics, 4 (April),
- MCDONALD, N. A. 1955
- The Study of Political Parties. Garden City, N.Y.:
- MCGAW, D., and G. WATSON 1976
- Political and Social Inquiry. New York:
- MCKENZIE, R. T. 1955
- British Political Parties. New York: St. Martin's
- MEISEL, J. 1967
- "Recent Changes in Canadian Parties." In H. G.
Thorburn, ed., Party Politics in Canada, 2nd ed., pp.
33-54. Scarborough, Ont.: Prentice-Hall.
- MICHELS, R. 1915
- Political Parties: A Sociological Study of the
Oligarchical Tendencies of Modern Democracy. London:
Jarrold and Sons. Also published in 1949. New York: Free
- MILBRATH, L. W. 1965
- Political Participation. Chicago: Rand
- MILNOR, A. J., ed. 1968
- Comparative Political Parties. Selected Readings. New
York: Thomas Y. Crowell.
- MOHAMMADI-NFJAD, H. 1977
- "The Iranian Parliamentary Elections of 1975,"
International Journal of Middle East Studies, 8
- MOORE, C. H. 1965
- Tunisia since Independence: The Dynamics of One-Party
Government. Berkeley: University of California
- NAROLL, R. 1963
- Data Quality Control: A New Research Technique. New
York: Free Press.
- NEUMANN, S., ed. 1956
- Modern Political Parties. Chicago: University of
- OSTROGORSKI, M. 1964
- Democracy and the Organization of Political Parties,
vols. I and 2. Garden City, N.Y.: Anchor Books. First
published in 1902. New York: Macmillan.
- OZBUDUN, E. 1970
- "Party Cohesion in Western Democracies: A Causal
Analysis," Beverly Hills, Calif.: Sage Publications. SAGE
Professional Papers in Comparative Politics
- PEDERSON, M. N. 1980
- "On Measuring Party System Change: A Methodological
Critique and a Suggestion," Comparative Political
Studies, 12 (January), 387-403.
- PERROW, C. 1968
- "Organizational Goals." In D. L. Sills, ed.,
International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, vol.
II, pp. 305-311. New York: Macmillan and Free
- PLANO, J. C., and M. GREENBERG, eds. 1967
- The American Political Dictionary, 2nd ed. New York:
Holt, Rinehart and Winston.
- POWELL, S. S. 1966
- "Social Structure and Electoral Choice in Chile,
1952-1964: A Study of Social and Political Change." Ph.D
dissertation. Northwestern University.
- PRZEWORSKI, A., and H. TEUNE 1966-1967
- "Equivalence in Cross-National Research," Public
Opinion Quarterly, 30 (Winter), 551-568.
- PYE, L. 1966
- "Party Systems and National Development in Asia." In
J. LaPalombara and M. Weiner, eds., Political Parties and
Political Development, pp. 369-371. Princeton, N.J.:
Princeton University Press.
- RAE, D. 1969
- "A Note on the Fractionalization of Some European
Party Systems," Comparative Political Studies, 1
- RAE, D. and M. TAYLOR 1970
- The Analysis of Political Cleavages.. New Haven,
Conn.: Yale University Press.
- RANIS, P. 1968
- "A Two-Dimensional Typology of Latin American
Political Parties," Journal of Politics, 30 (August),
- RANNEY, A. 1968a
- "The Concept of 'Party'." In O. Garceau, ed.
Political Research and Political Theory, pp. 143-162.
Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press.
- RANNEY, A. 1968b
- "Candidate Selection and Party Cohesion in Britain
and the United States." In W. J. Crotty, ed., Approaches
to the Study of Party Organization, pp. 139-157. Boston:
Allyn and Bacon.
- RANNEY, A., and W. KENDALL 1956
- Democracy and the American Party System. New York:
- RAY, J. L., and J. D. SINGER 1973
- "Measuring the Concentration of Power in the
International System," Sociological Methods, 1 (May),
- RICE, S. A. 1959
- "Measuring Cohesion in Legislative Groups." In J. C.
Wahlke and H. Eulau, eds. Legislative Behavior, pp.
372-377. New York: Free Press.
- RIGHY, T. H. R. 1964
- "Purge." In I. Gould and W. L. KoIb, eds. A
Dictionary of the Social Sciences, pp. 566 567. New York:
- RIGGs, F. W. 1968
- "Comparative Politics and the Study of Political
Parties: A Structural Approach." In W. J. Crotty, ed.,
Approaches to the Study of Party Organization, pp.
45-104. Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- ROTH, D. F. 1969
- "International Political Parties in an Emerging World
Order: Towards a Strategy for Realization." Unpublished
paper, Behavioral Sciences Laboratory, Ohio State
- ROSE, R. 1962
- "The Political Ideas of English Party Activists,"
American Political Science Review, 56 (June),
- ROSE, R., and D. URWIN, eds. 1969
- "Social Structure, Party Systems and Voting
Behavior," Comparative Political Studies, 2 (April, a
- ROSE, R. 1969
- "Social Cohesion, Political Parties and Strains on
Regimes," Comparative Political Studies, 2 (April),
- SARTORI, G. 1966
- "European Political Parties: The Case of Polarized
Pluralism." In J. LaPalombara and M. Weiner, eds.,
Political Parties and Political Development, pp. 137-176.
Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press.
- SARTORI, G. 1968
- "Political Development and Political Engineering." In
J. D. Montgomery and A. 0. Hirschman, eds., Public
Policy, vol. 17, pp. 261-298. Cambridge, Mass. Harvard
- SARTORI, G. 1976
- Parties and Party Systems. New York: Harper and
- SCARROW, H. A. 1967
- "The Function of Political Parties: A Critique of the
Literature and the Approach," Journal of Politics, 29