- ALFORD, R. R. 1963
- Party and Society. Chicago: Rand McNally.
- ALMOND, G. A., and J. S. COLEMAN, eds. 1960
- The Politics of the Developing Areas. Princeton,
N.J.: Princeton University Press.
- ALMOND, G. A., and G. B. POWELL 1966
- Comparative Politics: A Developmental Approach.
Boston: Little, Brown.
- ALMOND, G. A., and S. VERBA 1963
- The Civic Culture. Princeton, N.J.: Princeton
- ANDERSON, C. W., F. R. VON DER MEHDEN, and C.YOUNG
- Issues of Political Development. Englewood Cliffs,
- ANDERSON, L. 1968
- "Organizational Theory and the Study of State and
Local Parties." In W. J. Crotty, ed., Approaches to the
Study of Party Organization, pp. 375- 403. Boston: Allyn
- ANDERSON, L, M. WATTS, and A. WILCOX 1966
- Legislative Roll- Call Analysis. Evanston, Ill.:
Northwestern University Press.
- BAAKLINI, A. 1976
- Legislative and Political Development: Lebanon
1842-1972. Durham, N.C.: Duke University Press.
- BANKS, A. S., and R. B. TEXTOR 1963
- A Cross-Polity Survey. Cambridge, Mass.: M.I.T.
- BARAN, P. 1957
- The Political Economy of Growth. New York: Monthly
- BARNES, S. H. 1966
- "Participation, Education, and Political Competence:
Evidence from a Sample of Italian Socialists," American
Political Science Review, 60
- BARNES, S. H. 1968
- "Party Democracy and the Logic of Collective Action."
In W. J. Crotty, ed. Approaches to the Study of Party
Organization, pp. 105-138. Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- BAYLEY, D. H. 1964
- Public Liberties in the New States. Chicago: Rand
- BIRCH, A. H. 1955
- Federalism, Finance, and Social Legislation in
Canada, Australia, and the United States. Oxford:
- BLAU, P. 1968
- "Theories of Organizations." In D. L. Sills, ed.,
International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, vol.
II, pp. 297-304. New York: Macmillan and Free Press.
- BLONDEL, J. 1969
- An Introduction to Comparative Government. New York:
- BOHRNSTEDT, G. 1970
- "Reliability and Validity Assessment in Attitude
Measurement." In Gene F. Summers, ed.,Attitude
Measurement. Chicago: Rand McNally.
- BRODIE, B. 1968
- "Strategy." In D. L. Sills, ed., International
Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, vol. 15, pp.
281-288. New York: Macmillan and Free Press.
- BURKE, E. 1871
- Works, vol. 1. Boston: Little, Brown.
- CAMPBELL, A.; P. E. CONVERSE; W. E. MILLER and D. E.
- The American Voter. New York: Wiley.
- CAMPBELL, D., and D. FISKE 1959
- "Convergent and Discriminant Validation by the
Multitrait-Multimethod Matrix," Psychological Bulletin,
- CAMPBELL, P. 1959
- "Discipline and Loyalty in the French Parliament." In
J. C. Wahlke and H. Eulau, eds., Legislative Behavior,
pp. 143-149. New York: Free Press.
- CLARK, P. B., and J. Q. WILSON 1961
- "Incentive Systems: A Theory of Organizations,"
Administrative Science Quarterly, 6
- COLEMAN, J. S., and C. ROSBERO, eds. 1964
- Political Parties and National Integration in
Tropical Africa. Berkeley: University of California
- CONVERSE, P. E. 1968
- "Some Priority Variables in Comparative Electoral
Research." Survey Research Centre Occasional Paper No. 3.
Glasgow, Scotland: University of Strathclyde.
- CONWAY, M., and F. FEIGERT 1968
- "Motivation, Incentive Systems, and the Political
Party Organization," American Political Science Review,
62 (December), 1159-1173.
- COUDENHOVE-KALGERI, Count R. N. 1940
- Europe Must Unite. Glarus, Switzerland: Paneuropa
- CROTTY, W. J., ed. 1968
- Approaches to the Study of Party Organization.
Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- CROTTY, W. J 1970
- "Political Parties' Research." In M. Haas and H. S.
Kariel, eds., Approaches to the Study of Political
Science. San Francisco: Chandler.
- CUTRIGHT, P., and P. ROSSI 1958
- "Grass Roots Politicians and the Vote," American
Sociological Review, 63
- DAALDER, H. 1968 "
- Imperialism." In D. L. Sills, ed., International
Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, vol. 7, pp. 101-109.
New York: Macmillan and Free Press.
- DAHL, R., ed. 1966
- Political Oppositions in Western Democracies. New
Haven, Conn.: Yale University Press.
- DUVERGER, M. 1963
- Political Parties. New York: Wiley. First published
in 1951 as Les Partis Politiques. Paris: Armand
- ECKSTEIN, H. 1968
- "Political Parties: Party Systems." In D. L. Sills,
ed., International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences,
vol. II, pp. 436-453. New York: Macmillan and Free
page 171 .